Business Intelligence on Retailing, Franchising, and Consumerism in China

China's ICBC To Take Stake In Canadian Branch Of BEA

The Industrial and Commercial Bank of China has reached an agreement with the Bank of East Asia on an equity transaction, in which ICBC will acquire a 70% stake in the Canadian subsidiary of BEA for CAD80.25 million.

Under the agreement, ICBC will pay CAD80.25 million, to acquire the 70% stake while BEA will hold the remaining 30% stake. One year after the completion of the transaction, ICBC will have the rights to increase its shareholding in the Canadian subsidiary of BEA to 80%.

In return, ICBC will sell a 75% stake in ICEA Finance Holdings Ltd., a joint venture of ICBC and BEA, to BEA for HKD372 million.

On the completion of the two transactions, ICBC and BEA will jointly operate and manage the Canadian subsidiary of BEA while ICEA will become a wholly-owned subsidiary of BEA.

According to Jiang Jianqing, the chairman of ICBC, the two transactions will create a win-win situation for the two sides. The acquisition of the 70% interest in BEA Canada will enable ICBC to gain a banking business and customer resource in Canada, which will provide a strong platform for further expansion of its businesses and network across North America.

David K.P. Li, the chairman and executive president of BEA, said that they are confident that the two transactions will further enhance their financial services and improve the diversity of their offering in Hong Kong. BEA and ICBC have maintained a good cooperative relationship and the two parties will further develop their partnership in the future and to jointly provide better financial services to customers across the world.

Be the first to comment on "China's ICBC To Take Stake In Canadian Branch Of BEA"

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published.


  Other China News

AutoNavi, Delphi Reach Deal

Hisense's Net Profit Down 47.39% In First Three Quarters Of 2017

Airbnb China Head Resigns

DMG To Buy China Rights Of Forbes Brand


Chinese Electric Bus Manufacturer Lands USA Deal

American Electric Car Manufacturer To Build In China

U.S. Clean Water Company Makes Chinese Inroads

GE Will Promote Wind Power Through New Chinese Education Center

JD To Build Global Logistics Headquarters In Xi'an

Wumart, AGS Sign Agreement For Seafood Direct Procurement

India Gains Second Factory From China's Xiaomi

85% of Indian Staff To Lose Jobs At China's LeEco