Business Intelligence on Retailing, Franchising, and Consumerism in China


COFCO And Hopu To Buy Stake In Mengniu

Chinese dairy company Mengniu has published a report stating that COFCO and Hopu Investment Management will buy a 20.3% stake in Mengniu at the price of HKD17.6 per share, for a total of about HKD6.1 billion.

Mengniu will reportedly use the money to expand its existing businesses or seek investment opportunities in the dairy industry and its upstream industries.

According to Mengniu, the company has signed an agreement with COFCO and Hopu. Under the agreement, COFCO and Hopu will set up a special company, in which, COFCO will own a 70% stake while Hopu will own the remaining 30%. The special company will be responsible for holding the rights and interests of Mengniu.

Hopu is a USD2.5 billion fund run by Goldman Sachs Group's China partner Fang Fenglei.






Be the first to comment on "COFCO And Hopu To Buy Stake In Mengniu"

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published.


*




  Other China News

ChinaTechNews.com:

AutoNavi, Delphi Reach Deal

Hisense's Net Profit Down 47.39% In First Three Quarters Of 2017

Airbnb China Head Resigns

DMG To Buy China Rights Of Forbes Brand


GreenChinaTech:

Chinese Electric Bus Manufacturer Lands USA Deal

American Electric Car Manufacturer To Build In China

U.S. Clean Water Company Makes Chinese Inroads

GE Will Promote Wind Power Through New Chinese Education Center


ChinaSourcingNews.com:

JD To Build Global Logistics Headquarters In Xi'an

Wumart, AGS Sign Agreement For Seafood Direct Procurement

India Gains Second Factory From China's Xiaomi

85% of Indian Staff To Lose Jobs At China's LeEco