Business Intelligence on Retailing, Franchising, and Consumerism in China

China's Daphne Teams With Taiwanese Pou Chen Group

One of China's leading women's shoe brands, Daphne, has established a partnership with the Taiwanese shoe maker Pou Chen Group to jointly develop the Chinese mainland and the global high-end women's shoe market.

Under the terms of the cooperation, Daphne will invest NTD1 billion to acquire a 60% stake in Pou Chen Group's Aee and will explore the mainland and global high-end markets for Aee brand women's shoes.

Headquartered in Shanghai, Aee is a five-year-old women's shoe brand which was previously 60% owned by Yue Yuen Industrial (Holdings) Limited, a subsidiary of Pou Chen Group. After the acquisition, Daphne will own a 60% stake in Aee and Yue Yuen will own the remaining 40%.

At present, Aee has over 200 stores in the mainland, Hong Kong, and Taiwan. It made revenues of CNY300 million and a profit of CNY10 million in 2009. With the collaboration of Daphne, the number of Aee stores in expected to reach between 800 and 1,000 in the next three years, with a target annual revenue of over CNY1 billion.

Be the first to comment on "China's Daphne Teams With Taiwanese Pou Chen Group"

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published.


  Other China News

AutoNavi, Delphi Reach Deal

Hisense's Net Profit Down 47.39% In First Three Quarters Of 2017

Airbnb China Head Resigns

DMG To Buy China Rights Of Forbes Brand


Chinese Electric Bus Manufacturer Lands USA Deal

American Electric Car Manufacturer To Build In China

U.S. Clean Water Company Makes Chinese Inroads

GE Will Promote Wind Power Through New Chinese Education Center

JD To Build Global Logistics Headquarters In Xi'an

Wumart, AGS Sign Agreement For Seafood Direct Procurement

India Gains Second Factory From China's Xiaomi

85% of Indian Staff To Lose Jobs At China's LeEco