Business Intelligence on Retailing, Franchising, and Consumerism in China


Taiwan's President Chain Store, Japan's Royal Holdings Create Chinese Retail JV

President Chain Store, a subsidiary of Taiwan's Uni-President Group, has announced that it has set up a food and beverage joint venture in Shanghai with Japan's Royal Holdings.

The partners already opened a new Royal Host Western-style restaurant at Shanghai's Metro City earlier this month.

Under the contract signed by the two parties, President Chain Store and Royal Holdings will invest USD6 million in the new JV, with President Chain Store owning a 51% stake and Royal Holdings owning the remaining 49%. At the same time, the new company will have registered capital of USD3 million.

As one of the most famous family restaurant brands in Japan, Royal Holdings focuses on Western-style meals. Royal Host was established in 1950 and it now has 300 outlets in Japan. The company has already been listed in Japan and its annual operating revenue is about JPY10 billion.

President Chain Store revealed that Royal Host's target customers in Shanghai are upscale professionals between the ages of 20 and 35. At present, President Chain Store has gained the acting rights to the Royal Host brand in Zhejiang, Jiangsu, and Shanghai. The company will first tap the Shanghai market and is planning two new restaurants in 2011. After that, it will seek development opportunities in other regions in the Yangtze River Delta.

President Chain Store operates Starbucks, Afternoon Tea, Mister Donut, and 7-Eleven stores in Shanghai. With the joining of Royal Host, the company enhances its food and beverage industry retail chain.






Be the first to comment on "Taiwan's President Chain Store, Japan's Royal Holdings Create Chinese Retail JV"

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published.


*




  Other China News

ChinaTechNews.com:

AutoNavi, Delphi Reach Deal

Hisense's Net Profit Down 47.39% In First Three Quarters Of 2017

Airbnb China Head Resigns

DMG To Buy China Rights Of Forbes Brand


GreenChinaTech:

Chinese Electric Bus Manufacturer Lands USA Deal

American Electric Car Manufacturer To Build In China

U.S. Clean Water Company Makes Chinese Inroads

GE Will Promote Wind Power Through New Chinese Education Center


ChinaSourcingNews.com:

JD To Build Global Logistics Headquarters In Xi'an

Wumart, AGS Sign Agreement For Seafood Direct Procurement

India Gains Second Factory From China's Xiaomi

85% of Indian Staff To Lose Jobs At China's LeEco