Business Intelligence on Retailing, Franchising, and Consumerism in China


China's Mengniu To Establish JV With American Dairy Company

American organic dairy maker WhiteWave Foods Company announced that the company has reached an agreement with China's Mengniu to establish a joint venture which will focus on the manufacturing, promotion and sales of nutritious products in China.

The cooperation will also include an acquisition of Yashili (Zhengzhou) Nutrition Company Limited, a subsidiary of Yashili International. The main assets of Yashili (Zhengzhou) are processing equipment under construction.

Under the agreement signed by the two parties, Mengniu will hold a 51% stake in the joint venture, while WhiteWave will hold the remaining 49%. Meanwhile, the estimated purchase price for Yashili (Zhengzhou) will reach CNY510 million, of which Mengniu will pay 51% and WhiteWave 49%. In addition, the two parties plan to make additional investments to support the initial development and commercialization of the joint venture.

The establishment of the joint venture is still subject to the approval of Chinese regulatory authority and it is expected to be granted in the first half of 2014. The purchase of processing equipment of Yashili (Zhengzhou) will be implemented following the establishment of the joint venture and the consent of minority shareholders of Yashili.






Be the first to comment on "China's Mengniu To Establish JV With American Dairy Company"

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published.


*




  Other China News

ChinaTechNews.com:


GreenChinaTech:

Chinese Electric Bus Manufacturer Lands USA Deal

American Electric Car Manufacturer To Build In China

U.S. Clean Water Company Makes Chinese Inroads

GE Will Promote Wind Power Through New Chinese Education Center


ChinaSourcingNews.com:

JD To Build Global Logistics Headquarters In Xi'an

Wumart, AGS Sign Agreement For Seafood Direct Procurement

India Gains Second Factory From China's Xiaomi

85% of Indian Staff To Lose Jobs At China's LeEco