Business Intelligence on Retailing, Franchising, and Consumerism in China


Wanda Cinema Extends Chinese Influence Overseas

Wanda Cinema Line, a unit of Chinese property developer Dalian Wanda Group, has completed the acquisition of Hoyts by buying HG Holdco's 100% stake and acquiring an AUD70 million loan from HG ANZ for CNY2.246 billion, which is about USD354.32 million.

With the completion of the acquisition, Wanda Cinema Line will fully hold Australia's second largest chain cinema operator Hoyts, which is owned by HG Holdco. By holding Hoyts, Wanda Cinema Line will gain 424 screens in 52 cinemas across Australia and New Zealand, making it a major participant in the cinema operating market of those two countries. In addition, Wanda Cinema Line will gain the cinema advertising business in the Oceania market.

Up to 40% of the transaction will be paid by Dalian Wanda Group directly and the remaining 60% will be from bank loans.

By March 31, 2015, HG Holdco's net book value of assets attributable to owners of the parent was CNY1.794 billion.

Wanda Cinema Line said the acquisition of Hoyts aims to expand its cinema business scale as it enters the Oceania market. At the same time, as Hoyts cinema chain's business and ticket sales are mainly from offline ticket buyers, Wanda intends to introduce an online-to-offline ticket purchase system to Hoyts and promote it in Australia. Could this be the start of a Chinese expansion of the O2O innovation across the globe?







Image Credit: axz700


Be the first to comment on "Wanda Cinema Extends Chinese Influence Overseas"

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published.


*




  Other China News

ChinaTechNews.com:

AutoNavi, Delphi Reach Deal

Hisense's Net Profit Down 47.39% In First Three Quarters Of 2017

Airbnb China Head Resigns

DMG To Buy China Rights Of Forbes Brand


GreenChinaTech:

Chinese Electric Bus Manufacturer Lands USA Deal

American Electric Car Manufacturer To Build In China

U.S. Clean Water Company Makes Chinese Inroads

GE Will Promote Wind Power Through New Chinese Education Center


ChinaSourcingNews.com:

JD To Build Global Logistics Headquarters In Xi'an

Wumart, AGS Sign Agreement For Seafood Direct Procurement

India Gains Second Factory From China's Xiaomi

85% of Indian Staff To Lose Jobs At China's LeEco