Business Intelligence on Retailing, Franchising, and Consumerism in China


Chinese Shoe Retailer To Acquire Stake In Italian Jeans Brand

Chinese shoes retailer Belle International announced plans to acquire a stake in Fashion Box SpA, parent company of the Italian jeans brand Replay.

The two parties will establish a joint venture to operate the Replay brand in Greater China. Full financial details of the deal were not released.

The Claudio Buziol family, who founded Fashion Box SpA and the Replay brand in 1978, will fully withdraw from the company via this deal. In 2010, the Buziol family already sold a 51% stake in Fashion Box SpA to Equibox Holding SpA. With the new transaction, the Buziol family will sell the remaining 49% stake to Belle International and Equibox Holding SpA.

Belle International and Equibox Holding SpA have made a three-year development plan for Fashion Box SpA. This development strategy, which aims to build a global brand, includes employee layoffs and sourcing new cooperating partners in America, Latin America, and Japan. At the same time, Fashion Box SpA will focus on Replay's European business again.

Apart from Replay, Fashion Box SpA also owns the children's clothing brand Replay & Sons and the high-end brand We Are Replay. The company has 3,000 sales sites and 200 retail stores around the world. In 2014, its revenue was about EUR204 million, of which 87% was from international markets.






Be the first to comment on "Chinese Shoe Retailer To Acquire Stake In Italian Jeans Brand"

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published.


*




  Other China News

ChinaTechNews.com:

AutoNavi, Delphi Reach Deal

Hisense's Net Profit Down 47.39% In First Three Quarters Of 2017

Airbnb China Head Resigns

DMG To Buy China Rights Of Forbes Brand


GreenChinaTech:

Chinese Electric Bus Manufacturer Lands USA Deal

American Electric Car Manufacturer To Build In China

U.S. Clean Water Company Makes Chinese Inroads

GE Will Promote Wind Power Through New Chinese Education Center


ChinaSourcingNews.com:

JD To Build Global Logistics Headquarters In Xi'an

Wumart, AGS Sign Agreement For Seafood Direct Procurement

India Gains Second Factory From China's Xiaomi

85% of Indian Staff To Lose Jobs At China's LeEco