Hong Kong, China (March 05, 2009) /ChinaNewswire.com/ — Making sure that corporate press releases both get quickly distributed to journalists and monitoring those releases and the activities of clients becomes faster will soon become much easier as ChinaNewswire.com, China's leading social media press release distribution service, unveils a new Chinese-language beta test of its new software service for clients.
Targeting the media needs of large companies, but intending to fall within the pricing range of small and medium enterprises, the new SaaS (Software-as-a-Service) product is being tested by select clients. The testing period should last for three months, during which time ChinaNewswire.com and its Chinese-language service Xinwengao.com ("xinwengao" means press release in Chinese) slowly move existing clients to the new service.
With the new software service, press release clients can:
1) Post both Chinese and English language press releases and choose to which category of Chinese journalists will receive the release. The service currently targets 6,400 key journalists in China involved in over 2100 key Chinese media.
2) Pay for the press releases directly using online using payment services.
3) Upload, create and save media lists for ad hoc sending of press releases to journalists around the world. Users can monitor if journalists receive the releases and when they open or click on links within the release.
4) Create "News Alerts" that search for keywords on the Chinese Internet and deliver breaking news in real-time to users.
5) Create customized RSS feeds that fit within the dashboard of the software to inform clients of any type of news they desire. The RSS feeds are also available outside of the software so they can be plugged into any type of RSS reader.
"Companies want a cost-effective and easy-to-use way to both distribute their press releases to online media as well as monitor the impact those releases have across the Internet," says Peter Cheng, chief architect of the new SaaS offering. "Feedback from our clients over the coming months will help us to tweak our product to ensure that we deliver a valuable product that can be used by any public relations or marketing department."
Started in 1999, ChinaNewswire.com and its Chinese sister site Xinwengao.com has grown from simple software that allowed clients to maintain their corporate images online to a full-fledged press release distribution software service that daily syndicates its company press releases to dozens of partner websites and thousands of journalists. BDL Media Ltd, a Hong Kong based direct marketing software and services company, owns ChinaNewswire.com and Xinwengao.com. For more information about ChinaNewswire.com and Xinwengao.com services, please visit www.chinanewswire.com.