Hong Kong, China (April 27, 2009) /ChinaNewswire.com/ — US Department of Treasury's Director of the Office of Foreign Assets Control will deliver the Keynote address at American Conference Institute's Asia Forum on Economic Sanctions & OFAC Compliance June 18-19, 2009 Island Shangri-La Hong Kong
Adam J. Szubin, Director of OFAC will speak on OFAC's new enforcement guidelines, Priorities and Targets.
Amid the staggering Â£231 MILLION LLOYDS TSB PENALTY, U.S. sanctions authorities are increasingly willing to slap harsh penalties against a foreign entityâ€“no matter where the entity is located in the world.
As U.S. authorities increase their international sanctions enforcement efforts, financial institutions and exporters in the Asia Pacific now face unprecedented risk.
OFAC, industry and private practice speakers will provide you with best practices for developing an effective screening and sanctions compliance program. Topics will include:
– What the extraterritorial reach of US Sanctions means for entities in the Asia Pacific
– Lessons learned from the Lloyds TSB penalty: OFAC's compliance expectations for US and non-US entities
– Implementing a robust screening program: Resolving transliteration challenges and integrating all restricted parties
– Conducting due diligence for international transactions and underwritings
– Developing a risk-based sanctions compliance program from the ground up
– EU and UN updates, and how to reconcile potential conflicts with US sanctions
Register now by calling +44 (0) 20 7878 6888 outside the US or 1-888-224-2480 in the US; faxing your registration form to +44 (0) 20 7878 6896 outside the US or 1-877-927-1563 in the US; or registering online at www.C5-Online.com/SanctionsAsia or www.AmericanConference.com/SanctionsAsia